Saturday, April 18, 2009

No more slave labor!

So I bet you all thought that slavery was abolished in the US, right? WRONG! I have spent 17 weeks between ARUP and IHC as a slave. Yup, you heard me right, a slave. I have been doing clinical internships, and I guess someone decided that the most efficacious way for us to "learn the lab" was to pretty much work like the employees. Don't get me wrong, it was a fabulously good time (well, most of the time), but it's hard when you work over 40 hours a week and only get paid for less than 8 of them. Alas, clinicals are over. I am most definitely sad, but I've already had a couple of interviews and received a few calls about Medical Technologist positions available all over the nation. Now I have to decide... and for those of you who know me well, I don't do decisions. Heck-- people used to have to order at restaurants for me because I was so darn indecisive. So, if anybody has any recommendations or inclination to make some decisions for me, I'm highly open to suggestions! ;)

Well, since my last post (yes, I realize that was a while ago) my sister and nephew came to visit. SO MUCH FUN!! My nephew is a doll, although he weighs quite a bit more than one. I can hardly wait for them to come back and visit so I can work on my upper arm strength and teach my baby some more fun sounds to make with his mouth! So I know what you're thinking-- this post could not possibly be complete without pictures, right? I completely agree. So here are some pics from Nikki and baby's (Michael, after my daddy) visit to Utah for conference weekend. Enjoy!

Look what a happy baby! (He loves when we make the "kissy" noise) Can you believe this was taken about 3 hours after his bedtime? Yup, he's a real trooper!

We both love a little wind in our faces, so we were having fun by the fan. Grandma snuck up on us and took this picture. Too bad you can't see the way his hair was standing up in the breeze.

Girls night out was so much fun! I can't wait till Nikki, Michael, and Ben come to visit in 2 weeks! I must be the luckiest sister/aunt in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    It's Ashley Laub (Chris's wife from school) from Skyline. I found your blog through facebook, hope you don't mind. I just heard about your dad. I'm so sorry. We recently lost Chris's mom to cancer too. Again, we send our condolences to you and your family. I think one if the hardest things we go through is the loss of a parent. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete